Popular Posts

Thursday 18 June 2015

The 1% Rule

The 1% Rule

Let's Go Straight to the point.

If your Capital is $30 000 and you are applying the 1% rule.

This means the amount of money you are willing to pay and not receive is $300. 


Excluding Buy and Sell:
Brokerage Fee, Clearing Fee, Access Fee and GST(7%) Fee.



Let's be more conservative in an open position in Trading.

The below example excludes the above fee which indicate the amount paid will be more then $300.

By text book theory, any Stop Loss is usually 2 pip below the lowest low.

With that, 1 pip will be $150 since the maximum you are willing to pay is $300.

If Stock A Entry Price is $1.00 and the Stop Loss is $0.98 which is $0.02/pips.

$300/$0.02 = 15 000 shares

In order to keep to the 1% rule of your capital you can only purchase 15 000 shares.

There are other ways of reading the above material to suit your own risk reward.

The important thing is to mange your risk well and mange your money well.

Trade and Invest Safely Everyone.


2 comments:

  1. Barclays offers a range of Wealth and Investment Management services to help you in creating, managing and growing your wealth. Find out more today. Canadian Living in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I Got My Loan From A God Fearing Lender (Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com)

    Hello, I am Andrew Thompson by Name from CT USA, God has bless me with two kids and a lovely Wife, I promise to share this Testimony because of God favor in my life, 2days ago I was in desperate need of money so I thought of having a loan then I ran into wrong hands who claimed to be loan lender not knowing he was a scam. he collected 1,500.00 USD from me and refuse to email me since then I was confuse, but God came to my rescue, one faithful day I went to church after the service I share idea with a friend and she introduce me to LEXIE LOAN COMPANY, she said she was given 98,000.00 USD by MR LEXIE , THE MANAGING DIRECTOR OF LEXIE LOAN COMPANY. So I collected his email Address , he told me the rules and regulation and I followed, then after processing of the Documents, he gave me my loan of 55,000.00 USD... So if you are interested in a loan you can as well contact him on this Email: Lexieloancompany@yahoo.com or call +14069460675 thanks, I am sure he will also help you.

    ReplyDelete